STEP REAMER MODIFICATIONS
- Modified tool diameter
- Metric tool diameter
- Closer tool diameter tolerance
- End chamfer other than 45º
- End cutting or corner radius
- Increased/decreased circular margin
- Increased/decreased tool diameter back taper
- Shortened shank or reduced shank diameter
- Flat(s) or tang on shank
TITANIUM NITRIDE - TiN
TITANIUM CARBONITRIDE - TiCN
STEP REAMER SPECIFICATIONS
- Geometry and carbide grade appropriate for material being machined
- Carbide tips brazed to tough hardened alloy steel body
- Polished flutes for easy chip flow
- Reamer shanks are ground to next smallest shank diameter listed in NAS 897 if tool diameter is within .005" of shank diameter
STEP REAMER TOLERANCES
- Tool diameter tolerance:
Major & minor cutting diameter: plus .0003", minus .0000"
If non-cutting pilot: plus.000", minus.001"
- Shank diameter tolerance:
thru 23/32" tool diameter: plus .0000", minus .0010"
over 23/32" tool diameter: plus .0000", minus .0015"
- Step or pilot length tolerance: plus .005", minus .005"